Monday, July 6, 2009

How to listen to the latest show on your internet radio

I'm a radio nerd. I love new radios. And last Christmas my wife got me a new KIND of radio...a stand-alone internet radio. It's the Revo Blik, a wi-fi radio based on "Reciva" technology.

Although you can listen to stations without using your computer, for the really neat stuff, like programming your own stations and streams into the set, is accomplished at the Reciva website, at http://www.reciva.com

If you have one of the Reciva-based radios, here's how to listen to the latest installment of "Saving the 70s" from our website. Just copy and past the following link into the "My Streams" section of the site, while logged in with your user-name. Here's the link http://www.theproductionroom.net/latestshow.ram

That's the link of the Real Audio "ram" file at out website. The "ram" file is merely a text file that tells the RealAudio player where to find the audio. If you're into "geek-stuff", here's what the text looks like in the "ram" file:

http://theproductionroom.net/realaudio/latestshow.ra

To explain, The Production Room Dot Net is the master website of "The Production Room", my radio prodution business, and the home of "Saving the 70s". "RealAudio" is the name of the folder on my site where streaming audio files are stored. And "latestshow.ra" is the actual name of the audio file. Pretty simple, right? You'd be surprised how long it took me to get streaming audio to work reliably, and sound good!

No comments:

Post a Comment